Choosing a School
You have 2 choices when it comes to school. You can either pay out of pocket for a good school or you can sign-up with a carrier who offers training. If you choose the latter make sure it's a company that you like and who you can see yourself working for once you're done with your training. With that said, here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a trucking school.
- Does it offer a tuition plan?
- Does it cover travel and hotel costs?
- How many days is the CDL trainiing program?
- What is the previous students success rate?
- How many driving instructors do they have?
- Do any of the instructors speak your language?
- Do they prepare you for Class A, B, or B-P?
- What are their training hours?
- Do they offer payment plans
- Is the school approved by the Bureau of Private PostSecondary & Vocational Education?